Living Free and with Intention

Saturday, January 26, 2013


Happy new year!!!  Am I the only one wondering how 2012 flew by so quickly?

Most people have generated a long list of things they hope to accomplish, or resolutions.  I believe that resolutions are often fruitless.  You're setting yourself up for disappointment.  How many people truly end up accomplishing the long list of things they resolve to do in one year?  Anyone?  Most resolutions fail, for lack of realism, planning, and accountability.  So, why do people keep falling into the 'resolution trap'?

How about living with intentions, not resolutions? 



It has only been a few weeks, yet 2013 has been filled with lots of joy, surprises, and a new feeling of "the-world-is-my-oyster".  Why am I feeling this way? I set an intention that 2013 is my year of living free, following my bliss

The way I see it, you have two choices on how you choose to live.  You can live it with no purpose other than to make it through another day, or you can learn how to live within the field of intention — an energy that we all have within us that can make things happen — and change the way we perceive life.

Everything you will accomplish starts with an intention.  An intention is not something you do, like a resolution.  Intention is a state of being, something you connect and surrender to.  It doesn't matter what your intentions are.  It could be your desire to get healthy, live everyday with gratitude, etc.  All that is required is that you REMAIN connected to and trust the source of that desire-- your intuition, inner self, etc.

"For the meaning of life differs from man to man, from day to day and from hour to hour. What matters, therefore, is not the meaning of life in general but rather the specific meaning of a person’s life at a given moment."- Vikotr Frankl


In 2013, I intend to live authentically, going for what burns inside me.  Yes, those things that I have been thinking about that I have been hesitant to explore, because I was afraid.  Not any more.
Life doesn't have to be about the same and fearing what is outside the box.  Life is an art.  Keep designing and creating your life.  Keep up with what makes you feel alive and filled with purpose.  THAT is the MOST important gift you can give your life.

Remember, the most courageous, world changing minds have had to step out of the box to create mind blowing realities.

Don't fear!  Be Bold!  Live in 2013!  love+live.life!


2 comments:

  1. Thoroughly enjoyed this post. So in my resolve to have another year of keeping my resolutions (last year I worked on minding my own business), I decided a month of social sabbatical was in order so I could...live with intention. I'm only 5 days in and loving it. It's amazing what a little unplugging from hustle and bustle can do so you can focus your attention on intention. Thanks for writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ahyana, thank you for your feedback. I love your 'social sabbatical' intention. I just got back from a work retreat, where the lack of cell signal IMPOSED a three-day social sabbatical on me. I tell you, it did a lot of good. I hear you loud and clear, and I commend you for intentionally unplugging. I look forward to hearing more about any moments of awakening, self-awareness, etc that you've gained from your experience.

      Delete

lola.love+live.life All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger